Saturday, May 06, 2006

MS Bike Tour






Today I had the pleasure of going down to Key Largo to the finish line of the MS bike tour and it was a great experience. Russ and Rodger, Denise's husband and brother in law, were part of the tour, they drove 75 miles (actually I think it was more) on their bikes to raise funds to find a cure for MS. I am really very proud of them, 75 miles in a bike in South Florida (today was the hottest day of the year) sounds easy but certanly it is not. They trained for a long time and finally they did it. I think that Denise must feel very special to have such a great family that are always there for her, no matter if being there means such a big effort.
We got there like 1 hour before the Enterprise team (Enterprise was sponsoring the guys team) and we waited for them, when they found us then the photography rally started!!, I was sitting on the trunk of Russ's suv with the window open and shooting like a mad woman, Denise was driving the car and she did a great job getting me near the team to take some great pictures of the bikers. I just love all the pcitures I took, here are some.
It feels so good to have such brave friends, they are true heroes and we feel very proud of them.
You rock Irvines!