Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My mexican boy!


September is heritage month at Santiago's school so his teacher asked me to show somethings about Mexico. We are the only mexican family in the whole school so I wanted to do something nice. As Kar was comming to visit and as September is the patriotic month in Mexico, I call her and asked her to bring mexican stuff for our presentation. She brought the cutest things. First of all a flag, she also brought tiny flags to decorate the tacos I made, a corneta, ballons and the best thing... a costume for Santi it a mexican indito costume that fitted perfectly well and it also has a mustache. He looked so cute. I made tacos with salsa decorate the whole thing and brought the flag and ballons to the classroom. I asked the teacher to do the presentation while Kar was here so she could be there too. Santiago cryed the whole presentation because he didn't want any kid to touch his ballons ot flag or anything. We kept on saying clean up mami, go go! The kids loved the tacos, the flag and the map we made for them. I had a great time showcasing a little part of my country!