Saturday, July 09, 2005

Power is back!

Yesterday night, finally, and after waiting for almost a whole month, we had our monthly crop at Let's Scrap. This is not just another day of crop, we wait patientky for this day, this is our Ladies Night Out day, we talk about the crop and plan many days in advance. My dear friend Denise e-mailed me early in the morning telling me about how excited she was about our crop night, I was very anxious too! we couldn't wait. I got there at 5, a little bit early, to reserve out table, the famous table # 2, the best one in the cropping area. Lisely got there 10 minutes after me and then Denise got there too at 5:30. Vivian was not as busy as always and she had all the intentions to crop, even Tia Z got htere earlier than usual. We had dinner early so we could start to work on our pages, I had 5 projects in mind and was determined to finished them.... little I knew about hurricane Dennis and it's outter bands. It started raining around 7 but it got really bad about 8:30, at 9:30 we lost power... and we never recovered it... The die hards (as Tia Z calls us) tried to scrap with the light of 10 candles but as you can imagine it was hard. Finally our dear hubbies started to call the cell phones to let us know how crazy we were to be out with that storm. They were right, we picked up and ran home. At 3:30 am the storm was really really bad, the thinders and wind were very scary. Of course we lost power at home too around 4:30 am and got it back until 8:00 pm. It was a looooooooong day! Ana Pau and Santi were going crazy without TV! the day was really hot and humid so it was hard to make it without the AC. Fianlly things came back to normal, no major damages in Dade County, a lot of debree, streets closed and many trees down but that's it. Now this thing is going to the Florida panhandle, I hope everyone up there is safe, we weren't even close to the eye and it was really the worst storm I' ve ever seen. hope this things dyes soon.