Friday, March 03, 2006

Tutoring and Therapy

These are my 2 new activities, actually not my activities but Ana Paula ans Santiago's new activities. Ana Paula needs a little bit of help with reading, she is still confused with the sound of the vowels in English and in Spanish so after searching everywhere Maria recomended me an excellent teacher to tutor Pau, her name is Lauren and she is very good ad young. Ana Paula has had 2 sessions already and she absolutelly loves her! I hope we can catch up soon on the reading.
As for the therapy, after almost 1 year of tests and things with Santiago, finally MDCPS decided that he really has a speech delay and he qualified for therapy. We started last week for an hour but Ivette the speech pathologist, decided that is better for Santiago to cut the hour in two halfs so this week he attended thursday and Friday for 1/2 hr. each day. She says that he is doing great, we have to work a lot at home too reinforcing all the concepts but I really think this is oing to help hom a lot! she is really nice and very good therapist, Santiago LOVES her, he wants to go everyday now to see her so I am very happy. I hope we can see results soon!