Saturday, January 06, 2007

Three Kings Day

Today was the Three Kings Day, this is a huge tradition in Spain in Mexico and of course my family is not an exception. Since Imoved to the US I try to keep thistradition alive for my kids, so every year I bake the 3 Kings bread. The 3 kings come like Santa in the morning of January the 6th. and leave tys to those kids that were good all year, then we gather with family and frinds and have a merienda with the 3 kings bread and hot chocolate, inside the bred there is a little plastic figurine hidden, the person that gets the figurine has to do a nother merienda on February 2nd. fo all the presents in the first merienda.
Ana Paula got a digital camera form the Kings this year, she was so excited and now there are 2 persons living behind the lens in this house. "like mother like daughter" and I think she is good.
This year I baked 3 breads, one for each school and one for our home. Ana Paula and Santi were so happy that I brought the bread to their classrooms, they loved to share the tradition with their friends. On Saturday night we ate the Rosca de Reyes @home and as every year Ana Paula got the figurine. We are waiting for the party Pau!
We missed you Irvines!!