Sunday, July 23, 2006

ZACK

Well we finally did it. Ana Paula had been asking for a dog for years and finally yesterday we gave up. We were thinking of it and we told them that when I came back from Mexico we will start thinking of it seriously. Ana Pau wanted a Golden Retriever, she saw one in a movie and fell in love with him but we said that a big dog wasn't in our plans. We (well I thought we but yesterday I found out that it was only me) were thinking of something like a maltese or a french poodle and we thought to adopt one from a shelter. Yesterday as we were on our way to Target to buy part of the school uniforms we decided to stop by a place that someone told Oscar to see the puppies. We saw a lot of miniature dogs (do I have to say how expensive they are?) but in the very last cage we saw Zack. It was funny because we all discovered him @ a different time. First Oscar saw him, then Ana Paula ans Santi and I was the last one to see it. I was playing with a cute miniature maltese that I knew I could never get (it was $1000.00 plus plus plus!!) but when I saw Zack I fell in love with him, then asked what kind of dog is this one? Ana Paula said a she wanted it and then Oscar said a golden retriever! We put him out of the cage and that was it, he stole our heart. Oscar talked to the guy about the price (this is not a good moment to spend a lot in a dog) but they really wanted to sell him so they gave us a HUGE discount. We said we will think about it and that we will be back. We went to Target and on the car we talked about having a big dog, I discovered Oscar wanted a big dog and not a small one... Ana Paula was aboslutely sure and Santi... well Santi had one of the miniature ones in his hands and dropped him 3 times... I think one a little one can't survive with Santi around. I had to use the money I was saving for my camera... that was the bad part but what's money for? to make your kids happy and today I understood it when I saw how happy and excited they are with Zack, how loving they can be with him and how they are trying to be responsible and take care of him. I will start to save again for my camera, it is going to take me much longer to get it but nothing can be compare to those kid's smile and in this one I am including Oscar too. He is so happy, life has been tough for him lately and he deserved to have this happiness too. Well here he is, the new member of the Bravo Family: ZACK. He is 4 1/2 months (he was born on March 10th.) Today we took him to his frist park adventure and of course I had my camera with me.
I sugested the name to Pau while we were in Target, I don't know where I got it from but when I saw him I thought of that name, then we talked to Oscar and Santi and they liked it too so Zack it is. Oscar wanted to name him Blitz because he had a dog named like that when he was a kid and he loved him but he prefered Zack.