Wednesday, July 19, 2006

MEXICO


last week I was in Mexico, I traveled to help my sister with some legal affairs regarding my parents will. She sold my parents country house and now she is finalizing everything. We had to go to the house and I was really surprised, the guy that bought it changed it all. It was very sad to be there and see that place that was so important for me and my family no longer exists. The hardest part was to see that all the trees that my mom and dad planted, grew, took care off and enjoyed are no longer there. While inside the house I went to every corner and I couldn't help it, I sat down in my mom's closet and started crying for a long time, How many memories I have from that place, memories of when we were a very happy and united family. I miss them so much, I still can't believe my parents are gone.
Mi aunt Alicia organized a dinner with all my cousins, we only missed Sylvia (I don't know why she wasn't there), Miguel that lives in Cancun and my brother Jose Luis that lives in Phoenix.
We had a great time and laughed a lot. I also met Luisa, my cousin's Alejandro new baby girl, she has great big hands and of course I couldn't help it and made a mini shoot with her.
I went with Karla to some Dr. appt. too and went to visit Oscar's cousins, I met Diego and Mary Jose, they are 6 and 4 monbths old now so I had to organize a mini shoot too. And of course I had the pleasure of photographing Mexico's flag. This is a huge flag that is in the middle of a highway so I had to shoot from the car and the car was moving @ 60 mph aprox! I just love this flag, it is near of where I used to live so I saw it everyday. I came back on friday after waiting for hours in mexico's airport.