Monday, April 27, 2009

The colors of Panama

As I commented before, last week I went with my family to Panama. I shoot a few photos of the places I visited and the people I saw that I want to share with you all.

We went to visit the Panama Canal, IMPRESSIVE, it is amazing how they built it and how those huge ships go up and down the water steps to cross from one Ocean to the other. Here is one of the last locks, you can see the difference in the water level from one to the other.

I was fascinated by this indians, they are from a tribe called Kunas and they live in the most beautiful Islands ever, (I only saw photos as they are far away from the City) they travel to the City to sell their art. They do this handcraft that is just amazing. There are layers and layers of fabric of different colors . They all dress in their typical clothes and of course if you want a photo you have to pay for it. This ones charged me 3 dollars and 2 dollars for 1 photo. The older one noticed that I shot more than one and hid from me. It was funny because I didn't know they charged for photo so i asked if I could take a photo and she said no (didn't mention she wanted money) so I thought that it was a cultural thing. In Mexico there is a tribe that don't let you take photos because they think you steal their soul, but I saw another one charging so I got back to this one and asked her how much for a photo and she immediatly said 2 dollar! at the end Ana Paula was laughing because I was directing her and telling her how to pose ha!

So here are the Kunas and their beautiful art.


This is the way the buses look in Panama City. They are all painted and have different themes and colors depending on the route, aren't they cool? they make the city look very colorful!



These are a couple interesting things that I found and a photo of the bay with the fishermen wooden boats floating.



And this is a beautiful Panamena little girl that I found at the market learning how to bead, isn't she beautiful? I couldn't resist to ask her mom if I could shot a couple photos of her.